Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FINALLY.....I got some answers!

Today, I went for my gallbladder ultrasound. I wasn't really expecting anything. Everything that I heard was that the ultrasound isn't a good test. I had numerous people ask me why the doctor didn't order a HIDA scan first. I had to explain the cheaper/less invasive procedures first. Well, anyway, I was laying on the table uncomfortable with all the pressure from the ultrasound probe on my stomach. I wasn't moving or saying anything. Whatever I needed to do to get the test done right!!! After 15 minutes, she was done. I asked her if she saw anything. She looked at me and said,"Well, I'm not allowed to discuss results with anyone." I said, "that's fine, I completely understand. I just wanted to know if anything showed up. I have been going crazy about this for a month now." She said,"Unofficially, you have a gallstone. There is something there." So, I immediately felt relieved for many reasons....1) I'm not crazy. There is actually something wrong with me 2) Now I know what is causing my pain and nausea/vomiting. 3) I don't have to go through any more tests! Well, the rad tech said that the radiologist would read the test today and then pass it along to my family doc. She would then call me either Thursday or Friday with the results.

Well, today around 3, the doctor's office called me to confirm that I have gallstones. Dr. Burgeson wanted to refer me to a surgeon. They asked me if I had a preference (uh, yeah). So, I'm going to see Dr. Kurucz on Feb 17th at 3pm. So, hopefully, I will find out more then.

In other news, Lily had a massive blow out today. Yes, it's news to me because she hasn't done this but twice in her whole lifetime. Needless to say, Lily got a bath and our sheets on our bed got wash. I don't know how it came out of that diaper, but it did.

Well, I'm starting to plan Lillian's first birthday party. I have no idea about the theme of the party yet. I have some ideas in mind. I just can't believe that I'm already starting to think about this. Next week, Lillian will be 9 months. I can't believe it!

Next week, I should be finding out if I am going to have a new niece or new nephew. That is if my sister can decide if she is going to find out or not. One minute she wants to go and then the next she wants to be surprised. I can't keep up with her.

Oh!! Saturday, John and I had a scare. See, we were getting ready to go out with Jen and Aaron. I was in the bathroom fixing my makeup and John was in the bedroom with Lillian. He was changing clothes. All of a sudden, I heard this thump and Lillian screaming. I went running and John was holding Lillian freaking out. I immediately knew what happened. John put Lily on the bed while he was changing clothes. When he turned his head to get a shirt, Lily fell off the bed. I knew this day would come, but I didn't think it would be this soon. John was crying and holding Lily so tight I couldn't see her. John kept saying, "is she alright?" He would not let me touch her. Finally, I had to scream at him just to look at her. The nurse in me came out.....Of course I started looking for any broken bones, bruises, redness, etc. Then, I started doing a neuro check. Lily seem to be fine, just scared. John was so freaked out!!!! He bugged me all night long about her. He almost had me worked up. I kept telling him I would page the dr. on call or we could go to the hospital and get a CT of her head. He kept saying, "is she alright?" Lily ended up sleeping in our room that night. She is absolutely fine. John would not make a good nurse....he gets too worked up. That boy needs some xanax sometimes!

The other day, we finally had to take the mobile off of Lillian's bed. She was trying to pull herself up with it. So, we had to say goodbye to it. Her bed looks so weird without it. It really made me sad to take it off. I used to go in her room before she was born and just play her mobile and imagine a baby in the bed. Now look at her. Wow! I can't believe how big she is!

I also want to say one last thing......Chelsa, I think you are the strongest person I know! You have been through so much this past year. What would usually bring someone down into depression, you find the strength to keep going and to praise GOD for all your blessings. I look up to you. I read your blogs about Andon and every time I cry. I cry for you, your family, and for Andon. I know one day you will see him again! Happy Birthday Andon!!! I will be praying for you and Corbin....healthy baby & mommy and easy delivery!



No comments: