Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Well, I survived Lily's first day of preschool. I can't believe my baby is old enough to go. Monday night, I started to become very nervous and upset that she would be attending preschool. I started to second guess myself.....why did I decide to put her in school? Well, I started to think about why I wanted her in school.....learning, socialization, a routine....so I sucked it up.

Today, I woke up early to get things ready. I made her a pancake, grapes, and chocolate milk...breakfast of champions. Of course, mommy got her all cute and took some pictures. Then, it was time to go. I felt so sick and Lily was so excited. She kept singing in the backseat. She kept asking me to sing, "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" so we sang that all the way there. John followed us, he went to work late so he could go with us. So, we get there. I am doing ok. I was starting to get excited for her. We took a picture at the front steps and then went to Ms. Angie's room. Lily got her name tag and we helped her put her back pack in her locker. Then, she was off. She went to a table and started playing with two other girls. She never looked back...sniff, sniff. I had to go to her to give her a hug and a kiss and to tell her goodbye. She was very ready for me to leave.....that's when I about lost it. I hurried up and walked away. John went to her as well and did the same. I couldn't look back or at John. I basically ran out of the school before tears started to fall. I kissed John goodbye and seriously ran to my car so I could cry. I only cried a little bit....I promise!


 
 


 

 
So, after that, I went home and tried to keep myself busy for 2 hrs. I was so happy to go pick her up. Watching her come down those steps made me so happy. She looked absolutely exhausated!!! She had nothing but good things to say about school and is excited to go back!!



So, I guess we both survived with flying colors....however, I think she did better than me!

No comments: